Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After

Thanksgiving went well. The family gathering was smaller than expected with one brother and his girlfriend not attending. So I helped June get things ready and the table laid out. We put one of the nephews to work on the gravy, and he did pretty good. He'll be able to add that to his dating resume.



We did not get up early this morning to go shopping, although my mom, brother and sister in law all did. The kids both have colds so I coated their chests and feet in VapoRub last night, and they both slept well without coughing. Of course I woke up with a touch of it. So today has been a fairly lazy day. I cleaned up in the kitchen, and Kaia helped clean up her toys in the front room. I promised her that if she cleaned up we could put up the tree.



Before the tree though Mo had a nap, and Kaia had quiet time. After quiet time Kaia and I played on the computer. She wanted to visit Northpole.com, and from there we checked out Santa Tracker. New this year the tracker will require Google Earth so we downloaded it and then had fun. We looked at our house, and discovered the picture is at least 2 years old. There was still a fence running through the middle of our backyard, their was the car trailer out front, and the house across the street was still a swimming pool. From there we looked at my office, and the parking lot showed it was before I worked there. Then Kaia wanted to see the hospital where brother had been, and then we looked at Gramma Owies. After trying to find Neeko's house, I zoomed back out to the Earth. Kaia wanted to see Africa, so we looked at the aerial view of the pyramids. They also allow users to upload photos they took at locations, so there were plenty of those to see too. From there it was a short trip over to Bethlehem and Jerusalem. Then we went to see "where the Wiggles live" Sydney Australia. I showed her the Opera House. Then we zoomed over to Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico to see Granny's place. I found the pier, but with all the vegetation I couldn't pick out her house. I did show Kaia where I thought the back door on her lot was. It was very cool to use, and I highly recommend it.



Mo got up from his nap, so I got out the tree and Kaia grabbed the decorations. There is a benefit to never having fully put them under the house last year. I didn't realize how many new decorations we had. I did realize that gone are the days when my tree will have a theme. Every single decoration and ornament we had went on. This included some mardi gras type necklaces that were in a deco bag. It sounds wierd, but they look really nice. Almost like wrapping a garland around, but just in spots. Plus they are really shiny and reflect the light well.



Here is a bad photo. I forgot to tell the camera it was dark in the room. Even with all the lights on.

No comments: