Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dirty Martini Dip

This may sound like a strange food, but during our recent trip to Leavenworth we sampled this yummy dip at our favorite food store "A Matter of Taste." I considered buying a jar, but it was $10.99 and seemed so simple. A quick look at the ingredients and I knew I could make it at home. Sunday night, we had company over, and I did just that. I'd love to show you a photo, but it was devoured!

Dirty Martini Dip
4 oz of cream cheese (I used italian cream cheese since it was on close-out at the grocery store)
10 small green olives, pimento stuffed (give or take a few)
dash of garlic salt (or more to taste)
6 jalapeno slices, nacho style or pickled (you could also use fresh, but I thought the pickled slices would give it better flavor)

Blend together in your food processor. We ate this with homemade potato chips and tortilla chips. This would also be excellent of fresh veggies. I believe this cost me $1.50 at the most, so a great bargain!

1 comment:

Carla said...

This is wonderful! Thank you for the recipe!