Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tangy Steak Salad


Every once in a while, I get creative in the kitchen. Tangy Steak Salad was the result.
What you'll need:
Steak, Lettuce, mushrooms, celery, cherry tomatos, red onion, green pepper and the dressing.
Dressing: Mayo (about half a cup, or use a combo of Smart Start salad dressing and mayo), 2 T of horseradish sauce, juice of half a lemon, 1 t lemon pepper, pepper, and milk to thin. Mix the dressing up and let sit.
Cook steak to desired doneness. While steak is cooking slice veggies thinly, tear up lettuce if needed. Veggies can be mixed and matched. You may notice in my photo no green pepper. Safeway was out of them, unless I wanted to pay $1.59 for a green pepper, and I didn't. You could add almost any veggie you like, but I would stay away from those with a strong flavor as the dressing and onion are plenty.
Now put your veggies into a bowl and toss in the dressing. Then slice the steak thinly and spreak across the top. Add a bit more lemon pepper and lemon juice to the top of the finished salad. Serve with a good bread.

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Oooh..this looks delicious, TJ! I love lemon pepper, thank you for sharing the recipe. Also, thank you for entering my giveaway and the sweet birthday wishes. I appreciate your friendship. (((hugs)))
Kelli

Art said...

Looks delish! I may try that!

Susan said...

Thank you for your cute comment about my hubby being Vanna!!! Can't wait to show him that when he gets home. It will really tickle him.
Susan

j said...

I'll have to show this to my husband since he is the cook in our family. It looks really good though! Jennifer

Carrie said...

Thank you for stopping by my spot. I am still new to blogging and still trying to find my legs.
As for gardening, I am going to try a very small spot in my husband garden and see what I can grow. Maybe I will try some early lettuce so I can try your salad.
Have a wonderful day.
Carrie

Amy said...

Yummy! This looks delicious! I am going to have to try that- thanks for the idea!

Casii said...

MMM, this looks yummy! I may give it a try soon!