Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This one's for Granny


Everything in this pic was free... except the watermelon you see in the background. That was 19 cents a pound at 11 pounds. The scale I received on freecycle. I just wanted something to check serving size, but I got a scale that fits right in with my love for all things 50's and 60's. Just look at the photos on the scale, priceless. The Good Housekeeping Binder next to the scale was a gift from my Sister In Law. She showed it to me while we were visiting one day (both being old cookbook collectors) I raved on it. I loved the old "mini-cookbooks" and how someone really had taken the time to put them into the binder. She sent it home with me. The Good Housekeeping Cookbook next to it was also from freecycle. I picked up a lot of cookbooks from a lady that works at the library. Most were pretty cool, but I loved that one. The food on top of the scale is from my garden. Tomatos and peppers (the sign said jalapenos, but you can see they were not, yummy anyway though).
Today was a good day. Although I was sick with a nasty cold, and hada ton to do at work, I was able to leave early and hit Fiesta Foods. There I bought a 5 pound box of hamburger patties for .85 cents a pound. 11 pounds of bacon- 5 pounds were thin sliced at .69 cents a pound. 6 pounds were thick uneven slices at .99 cents for 2 pounds. I also purchased 2 packages of hot dogs at .50 cents each, the watermelon, 2 cactus pears for .20 cents each, 1 cuke for .20 cents, bananas for 39 cents a pound and chips for 1.39 a bag. There is probably more to write but my $1.99 hair dye needs to be rinsed, and Mo is trying to help me type.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like Fiesta! Too bad we don't have 'em out East. Looks like you have some cool finds. Those old cookbooks aren't exactly low-fat, but the recipes taste good!