Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Days Go By...

Once again time has completely escaped me. I think it does for most of us. Unless you are in that 2 week wait before you can find out if your pregnant, or in the last 4 weeks of pregnancy time just flies by.

We went camping for Fathers' Day and on the way home I put in a Matchbox Twenty CD. Now it feels like just a few years ago that I first heard that cd. But I realized that it was Fourth of July weekend in 97. 10 years ago! How did that happen? We were camped right across from a highschool friend. We had reconnected at our 10 year reunion (last year) and our kids had such a great time we swore we would schedule a playdate for them. Well we never did, but the kids found each other and had a blast the entire time.

Kaia will be 4 (going on 14) Saturday. She will start preschool in September, and school a year after that. Right now that seems so far off, as I can't wait for her to start school. But I know it will sneak up on me and I won't believe she's old enough.

A big event we are looking forward to right now is (if you ask Kaia) we are going to "Silverware" in August. She can't wait to go to Silverwood and although Mo is going to be too small for many of the rides, I know he will have a blast at Boulder Beach. Mo is still teething, all 4 molars and now 2 more. That time honestly can't go by fast enough! He was up screaming for at least a half hour last night, in what I believe was teething pain. Luckily we are both getting experienced at sleeping on the couch, and Kaia even woke up and joined us last night. 3 beds in the house, 4 people, and Dana is the only one in a bed at night unless you count the cats.

We are making great strides in our efforts to clean-up and make the outside of our house presentable. Our backyard is clean and clear, as much as can be with a dog that drags out and chews anything he can find. The front garden is full of weeds, and no matter how much digging and preening I do, they keep coming back. At least the lilies, day lilies, and violets are doing well and come back too. We still have 11 tomato plants and 4 jalapeno plants all with fruit. This is a record for me, and I cannot wait to enjoy them. It will be soon enough though, and then I will be overwhelmed with all the ripe ones. Luckily we have family, co-workers and church family that will be happy to help eat what doesn't fit in the freezer.

Once again time has escaped me and there are more pressing things to be done. I hope it won't pass by before I can post again.

No comments: