Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Recipes Continued...

Saturday we typically have a nice breakfast. This Saturday I had to be downtown by 10:30 to start setting up for the Hop Festival. So I planned a quick breakfast. Grandma had talked about putting ripe bananas into pancake batter. We had ripe bananas (thanks to the visit we had with Grandma on Friday) so I decided to try it. I got out my Good Housekeeping cookbook and looked up the pancake recipes. I used the basic recipe and just reduced the milk a bit and mashed up a banana to add. I cooked up pancakes and some bacon. They turned out so good and didn't even need syrup (which is good, because we were out and I didn't feel like making any). I had enough extra that Dana and I had pancakes again Monday for breakfast and there are still some in the freezer for future use.

This recipe is another great use for leftover bananas and the more I use them and the other fruits in my house, the more damage I do to the fruit fly population that is currently in my kitchen. I know all the different ways to get rid of fruit flies, but every year right when the weather turns they come in on every piece of fruit. At least this year we avoided the general fly population. Although Hemi at least takes delight in catching and eating the every day flies, I wonder how to entice him to go after fruit flies?

No comments: