Monday, October 15, 2007

Office remodel update

I'm happy to report that our office remodel is moving along quite nicely! I have a real wall!!! Yes a real one. It's only about 4 foot high, but it's 4 feet of wall, not cubicle, and it has electrical outlets! Now everytime some random person comes in off the street and leans agains my counter, the counter will stay put instead of swaying.

Painting wasd done on the 5th (and it looks great!), vinyl flooring went in on Friday, and carpet is expected today. That means I may actually get my office area back up this week. Of course I would love to stay put in the nice office I'm in now, but for some reason they won't let me kick Tim out of it. At least my new area will be about 2 feet longer, and I'll be able to hang things on the new half wall. I have all of my office plants on a rolling cart right now, and the poinsettas and cyclamen do not seem to like the new location. The african violet is doing splendid, but it had just gone in to bloom (thanks to a repotting) before the flood. I have a bunch of new things from my secret prayer partner to put up on my new wall and on the counter, so I can't wait for this to be finished.

No comments: