Monday, January 11, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


Last week's menu plan was a success!  I stuck to it every single night, the only variance was on Enchilada night, I was tired and running late so we didn't have any extra veggies.  The red cabbage dish received mixed reviews, and provided some fun when I accidentally added mango vodka instead of lemon vinegar.  Both bottles are next to each other on the counter and both have pour spouts.  Luckily I caught it fairly quickly.  Having a plan added a moment of organization and sanity to our usual chaos and so I present this week's menu.

Monday:
Swedish Meatballs over rice with peas.

Tuesday:
Marinated steak (I'm pretty sure I still have some in the freezer), boiled potatoes (from my friend's garden), wilted lettuce salad.

Wednesday:
Meatloaf, broccoli with melted cheese

Thursday:
Ham (frozen leftovers from Christmas), macaroni and cheese, fresh veggies with dip.

Friday:
Pinto beans in the crock pot, cornbread muffins/saltines with butter.

Saturday:
Spaghetti with meat sauce (frozen from last week's lasagne), salad

Sunday:
Roast Chicken, stuffing (with celery and onion), sweet potato and gravy

See more menu plans at Orgjunkie.   What are you having this week?

6 comments:

Kim said...

The Sweedish Meatballs are a great idea. I haven't made them in years. Maybe next week! I also need to try making pinto beans in the crockpot. Posting my menu plan is definately inspiring me to change up our dinners a bit!

Michelle said...

ha! sounds like it was a night to DRINK the mango vodka, not cook with it! :)

looks like a good week!

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You are good girlie.
I plan and cook but I have picky eaters.
<><

Tara V said...

I never think to do a chicken. I'll have to try that sometime! And Meatloaf, love it. I stuff the middle of mine with cheese for some extra fun!
Best of luck this week!!

Just Breathe said...

I've never been one to plan out my meals for the week. I think it is an awesome idea. Can I teach this old dog a new trick?

jennifer said...

I love that you plan mac and cheese with ham. I do too!