Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back into Shape

Not my body, no I'm still carrying 10+ pounds of twin weight on me, but my house is back into shape.  It started last week when my mom and aunt came over to help out.  They cooked, entertained the kids and picked up the kitchen.  Somehow that gave me a little kick-start.  By Saturday, I was feeling well drugged enough to clean the whole house up before we had guests over. 

It is now Tuesday, and miraculously my kitchen is still clean, the dining area is clean, and the front room is as clean as can be expected with 4 kids living in it.  It really hasn't been difficult, and yes I know that really that is only 2 full days of keeping it clean, but we did have a huge pile of dishes after our get together Saturday night.  At the end of the day, I'm tired, I'm sore and the last thing I want to do after fixing dinner is dishes.  But I did it last night, and I'm making it a habit of rinsing most things and putting them in the left side of the sink, so it's easy to catch up.

I also have been following a menu plan.  This is helped by the fact that we were given meals for both Sunday and Monday nights.  Tonight we will hopefully have leftover Olive Garden from the Board Meeting, and I have food planned for the next few nights. 

I'm really not sure what has come over me, but maybe this broke rib is a good thing.

3 comments:

Dianna said...

Wow! Great! I've noticed that it doesn't take long for my house to become a wreck if I don't keep it up, but that it's not really all that difficult to keep up. Like you said, it's cleaning up dinner when it's the last thing you want to do. It's all so simple in theory; a bit harder in practice. Good for you! Oh, and hope your rib is feeling a bit better.

Anonymous said...

I got attacked by the urge to purge... and clean and rearrange today! I wonder if it's a cleaning epidemic?!

Unknown said...

Maybe it's 'cuz the cleaning fairy seems to have abandoned my house. I've been trying to get back into it, but my office looks like the closet barfed all over the place.