Sunday, February 4, 2007

Loss... for baby Christian

It's SuperBowl Sunday, which would usually mean I'm wrapped up in who will win and who will lose. But today my mind is filled with the loss of a child. I learned today that my friend lost her son. He was stillborn at just 17 weeks. A baby that I prayed over before his conception is already back with the Lord.

I realize that I'm ever so blessed to have only conceived twice and be able to hold both those babies in my arms everyday. Today I hold them tighter and longer than usual. All I can do for my friend who is thousands of miles away is pray.

In an attempt to calm myself I tried to sing Casting Crowns Praise You in this Storm, but couldn't choke out the words. So after picking up my Message Bible, and finding a song list, I grabbed my Songs of Praise and sang Abide With Me. I sang it for myself, and I sang it for my friend and her husband, and I also sang it for all the other women I know who have lost children.

Today it's just a game. The Superbowl will have a winner and a loser, but none of it changes our lives. The loss of the innocent, even though I know he's with God, will impact so many lives.

Abide with me, fast falls the even tide. The darkness deepens, Lord with me abide. When other helpers fail and comforts flee: Help of the helpless O abide with me.
Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes; Shine thru the gloom and point me to the skies; Heav'ns morning breaks, and earths vain shadows flee; In life in death O Lord abide with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tysa, I just saw this. Thank you for bearing our grief with us, and for the reminder of that beautiful hymn. Peace be with you.