Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Appreciation

There is nothing better than being/feeling appreciated. I have a great co-worker that is constantly making sure that I:

  1. Like my job
  2. Am not planning to leave
  3. Know that he is thankful for the work I do

Today I was even more surprised. He came up and gave me a workshirt, which I knew he'd ordered and suspected it was for me (not many people where my size) but it's been in his office for several weeks. He also gave me a Fred Meyer gift card, which completely shocked me, and told me that there was around $25 on it and maybe I could use it to buy something to wear tomorrow night. He quickly pointed out that I didn't have to use it for that, and that he realized I may have other plans. I did, a black hand me down sweater that I dug out of the bottom of the laundry pile and have yet to wash. I had really wanted to buy something for the event tomorrow, but couldn't justify the money spent. Now I can get something!

It is our United Way Pillars event at The Depot, which is the old train station that's been converted to a restaurant/lounge. Last year it was awkward for me. I was still nursing Mo, so being out in the evening, wasn't the most comfortable. I really didn't know anyone, but my co-workers and a few Board Members, and I wasn't a Pillar (leadership giver). This year I'm definitely not nursing, I know quite a few of the people attending (most actually) and I actually am a Pillar so I've earned it to be there.

After my last post I did take in the frame and exchange it for hairspray, gel and eyeliner. All things that I was out of and needed badly. So now rather than having a frame in a stack, I can appreciate the gift each morning as I prepare for work.

No comments: