Sunday, September 9, 2007

Ethical Dilemma

I find myself in an interesting position. I went to a baby shower yesterday. I happened to be one of the names chosen for a gift (no games at this shower, just drew 2 names using our Thank you card envelopes). It is a very nice black picture frame. I was happy to receive the gift, but really have no use for the frame. I still have empty frames that I've received from others. The curious thing is that their is a gift receipt taped to the back of the frame. Now if I throw a shower and someone doesn't care for the gift and re-gifts it or if possible exchange it for something else, I'm fine with that, but what about others? I never would have thought of exchanging this gift, but there is a gift receipt taped to the back of it. So is it ok to take it in for store credit???


I have decided to do just that. If she didn't want it exchanged, she would not have attached a gift receipt. I'd much rather buy a few bars of soap (Palmolive, 3 bars for .99 cents) or diapers (not that we need them now, but Mo is still at least a year from potty trained). So I guess the gift will do me some good, and it will get good use, instead of being relegated to the pile of picture frames I don't need or use.


Time to go make dinner. Fajitas with fresh salsa (the only acceptable kind in our house) of course it will be made with our homegrown tomatos and the food processer mom and dad bought me for Christmas last year (Thank you , thank you, thank you!!!). Yum!

No comments: