Thursday, September 27, 2007

It's definitely Fall!

This isn't a post about the weather, which is very Fall like here. Nope, I work at United Way, and Fall means Campaign. Campaign means going non-stop at work. It means actually having to work some evenings and early mornings. It means audit time too, and being the most experienced on our database I have to stop Campaign stuff to do audit reports.

To add to all the craziness at work, our office is being remodeled. Not for fun, but due to the flood we had last month. So there is no floor in my office or in the hall. My office doesn't actually exist at the moment. My cubicle walls are moved to the board room (and it sounds as though they won't be going back! YAY! a real wall for me), 1/2 my desk is in the middle of the lobby, the other half off to the side. My computer tower is in the boardroom hooked up to the network, so I can work in my co-workers office on my desk top. It will be nice when it is all done in many ways.

Today we did take a break from working to watch the excitement down the road. A whole block next to our office had to be taped off with police tape. It appeared that someone was shot or stabbed. There were at least 10-15 police cars, 2 ambulances, and the fire emergency ambulance. We could see them working on someone. Of course the huge crowd that was in front of the house when the police arrived quickly dispersed. That led to police flying down the side roads to find the suspects. It will be interesting to hear more on the news tonight. We typically have our share of arrests to watch and psychos who drop in, but this was the biggest event yet.

The event Wednesday night went great. I had a nice outfit thanks to my co-worker, and everyone had a good time. Old buildings definitely carry sound, and the Depot was filled with laughter and talk, so much that it became difficult to carry on a conversation.

Now it's time to end this break. I'll update on the family later.

No comments: