Monday, December 8, 2008

2 Year Anniversary: Poopy pants, stripping, and a cranky teether

In honor of my 2 year blog anniversary, I present you with my very first post ever.

I used to think that working a full-time job, being a wife, and raising kids would be boring. But nights like last night make me laugh long and hard at how insane life can be.

Last night was a typical night, home with the kids right around 6 p.m. Kaia has to play with daddy in the garage, and she's always a huge help, while Mo and I went in to start dinner. So the plan was to start dinner, but first Mo had to be pacified. I put him in his high-chair and got some veggie and fruit puffs out for him to eat. Then I went to the cupboard in search of inspiration for dinner. It was then that I heard Kaia crying, the door from the garage open and slam shut, and the door to her room slammed shut. The door to her room was the key sound. That meant poop.

She's fully trained to pee on the potty, but I swear I'll have to home-school the girl because she refuses to poop on the potty. I called out, "Kaia what are you doing?" and got the response of "nothing." Not a good sign. As I'm running downstairs to get her to the potty, Mo begins screaming because he is all by himself. I go to open the door, and she's pushing it shut from the other side, and a terrible odor is coming from her room. Too late.

I won't go into the disgusting details of getting poopy pants off of a 3 year old. But she ended up in the bath tub. After her bath though she was running around naked and wearing my high heeled boots. A new fashion maybe?

I stepped outside to help Dana with our ATV rack. All of a sudden I hear the door, and out she came. It's maybe 20 degrees and she looks like she's working a strip joint in our front yard. I almost died laughing, Dana however held it together while he ordered her back into the house. Afterward she went inside and helped me by feeding Mo about half of his jar of babyfood. (only a third of that went on his shirt so not too bad) She started out in the buff, but soon asked for help in putting some jammies on. There may be some modesty in her after all... Nah.

I finished feeding Mo, as he continued to fuss at me. I offered him a biter biscuit to help work his top teeth through, but only got more screaming so I gave him a few teething tablets and put him on the floor to play. I went back to work at making dinner, while Kaia went back out to help dad in the garage, and eventually 7:30 p.m. we ate dinner.

Kaia was out by 8:20, Dad was in bed by 9, and Mo fell asleep while I attempted to watch CSI but failed miserably and woke at 11 to put myself to bed.


Marivic_Little GrumpyAngel said...

Congratualtions on your 2 year blogging anniversary! I'll be glad if I make it to a year. A few more months... It's been fun but challenging to keep up. A working mom's day is never done:-) I smiled as I read your description of your evening. So familiar :-)

Art said...

Happy blogiversary! I forgot when mine is because I deleted a bunch of my earliest blogger posts but it's about this time of year (3 years ago). I'm going to observe mine on the anniversary of my move to WordPress.

TJ said...

I have to say re-reading this post, I'm sure glad Kaia is in kindergarten, and my home-school predicition didn't come true! Christmas and Summer Break will be hard enough with my hyper child!

Lora said...

Congrats on your blogoversary!:)

Thanks for dropping by to see my nativities!

jennifer said...

Well Happy Two Year Anniversary!!! I am so glad that I got to be with you for part of the second year. You are a precious Blog Bud!