Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Christmas Angel?

Have you seen or heard about the video surveillance clip that shows a bright light in the doorway of a girl that had just been removed from life support? She was gravely ill, the support was removed, and then the camera and some staff saw a bright light. The girl who "should have" died, began to recover. Everyone is asking, was the light an angel?

Maybe it's because I've read so much Frank Peretti, and am currently reading "This Present Darkness" for the 2nd or 3rd time, but I believe that God can do anything. That includes sending an angel.

I know that there will be people who say that God cannot do that, or God doesn't do that. (I have heard Christians say this just as much as agnostics) But, every time we as humans try to place a limit on God, we are only attempting to raise ourselves up higher. We think that we can decide God's powers, as if we were on the same level as He.

One of example of this, and I apologize if I offend you, is the belief that birth control interferes with God's plan. Yet, Mary practiced the most effective birth control of all, abstinence, and she gave birth to our Lord Jesus Christ. We take this time of year to stop and remember His birth (even though it was most likely in the spring or summer). His birth that should have been impossible, but wasn't because God has no limits.

Was it an angel or the sunshine? I do not know. I do know that this girl recovering is a miracle, and I know that God can make anything happen.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Sweet! Hope you have a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna

Carla said...

Thought provoking isn't it? I believe we have a divine spirit in each of us, some not yet born, some in human bodies, some not yet resurrected, some resurrected. AND nothing is impossible with God! It will be soo cool when I review my life and see all the help I have received (and hopefully given on both sides of the veil:)

Thank you for sharing your beliefs, Merry Christmas to you and your family:)

Art said...

Amen. Nice post!

And i hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

Tiffany said...

Amen, sistah friend! What a wonderful post. Thanks for stopping/popping over at our blog. Great to "meet" you!! I sure hope this cold stuff starts to disapate soon so I can get out of doors for while! I enjoy the white stuff but I need some freedom! My hubby flies over to Yakima several times a month. I bet y'all have a bunch of snow! Have a lovely and blessed CHRISTmas with your family. Don't be a stranger!

j said...

Amen TJ. I believe that God can do anything too.

Merry Christmas. I hope that tomorrow is a wonderful day for you, Dana, Mo, and Kaia!

Anonymous said...

I saw this too. I am not a skeptic. In fact, sometimes, when I see unbelievers try to scientifically explain these things, I think it makes them look ridiculous.