Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Super Simple Swiss Chard

The kids and I ate Swiss Chard for the first time ever on Sunday. A large cooler of chard had been brought in and set on the Harvest Table at church.  Kaia wanted to take some home, so I encouraged her to fill one of the small bags.   I looked up several recipes online, and they were all similar.  Saute in olive oil and garlic then add a bit of balsamic vinegar.  I never follow directions, so here is the recipe I created.  I was surprised to find that it tasted really good, and the kids even finished what I gave to them.

1 teaspoon of bacon grease
4 or 5 big chard leaves with most of the stem removed
2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing
Saute chard in the bacon grease in a pan until the chard is heated and softens a bit.  Then add the salad dressing and enjoy!

No comments: