Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

I have one of our secret family recipes to share with you. Coming from the great line of cooks that I do, my mind is chock full of them... I could probably fool you all, if my family didn't read this, and half may have just wet themselves laughing so hard.

I can't think of one "family recipe." Most of our awesome recipes have come from a book, and sure they've been altered a bit, especially once they reach yours truly, but they aren't secret. I have no idea where this recipe came from, but what I do know is:
  1. It's easy to fix
  2. It's inexpensive
  3. The ingredients are almost always on hand
So here it is, my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. These taste better than any other peanut butter cookie I've ever eaten.

1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg

Mix those three ingredients together. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll into small balls and press with a fork. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.

There you go, that's all there is to it, and they are divine!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may have to go home and change my undies after this post.
About the only "secret" recipe is Grandma's spaghetti sauce and it is not a secret.
I agree with your vote for favorite.
Your dad, who doesn't eat sweets, LOVES this cookie. Hmmmm... Maybe I will bake tonight. Or not.
Mom

Anonymous said...

This is also MY favorite Peanut Butter Cookie recipe. I got it from my Emeril's There's a Chef in My Soup cookbook.

Truth be told? I altered it just a tad and always make it with Chunky peanut butter. They're just awesome!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Doesn't it get really runny?

I like to get almond butter and cashew butter for cookies, too

Would do this right now, but no eggs on hand.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

You know you should be having babies right now!!
<><

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Are you kidding me, that sounds too easy. I will make them for sure. My husband loves PB Cookies.
Hope your doing well. God Bless.

Larissa Wardrip said...

Just tried these! Yum! I made them with organic ingredients so I could give them to Jack! He adores them too! Thanks, Tysa! Now I will feel up to making cookies more often since these are so easy.