Friday, October 9, 2009

Just Days

We are just days away from meeting our boys! Today, I am 36 weeks. The boys will be here this time next week. It's exciting, awe inspiring and at times scary. Are we really ready for 4? Maybe not, but soon we will be a family of 6 and I'm sure things will all fall into place.

During the last few weeks, I received a big box of bottles, breastmilk storage bags and supplies from my friend in Philadelphia. That is a big need filled and I'm so grateful! Then last weekend my aunt stopped by with a box of goodies. She had board books for Kaia and Mo to read to the boys (they loved that it was a gift for the 4 of them to enjoy). There was also a nursing bracelet, an udder covers nursing cover, baby toiletries, and some pampering for me! She had razors, shave cream, bath scent, and a travel size package of Aveeno products for me to enjoy. I think the Aveeno will likely go into my hospital bag, as some will come in handy during my hospital stay.

The boys and I are still very healthy. While my legs look like an elephant's and I feel crippled, I am doing better now than I was a few months ago. My blood pressure has improved and my body is still keeping the boys in nice and tight. The boys also look great. Both were doing practice breathing, a very important sign. Brendon is still breech and hanging out more across the top of my uterus, while Bryce is in the alpha position with his little head down in my pelvis.

Thank you so much for all your thoughts, prayers and well wishes for us! I have some posts in mind for the next few days, but cannot wait for the big post announcing their birth and showing off their beautiful faces.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are awe-inspiring! And I can not wait to see the post with the boys adorable faces!

Blessings to you and the family!

Anonymous said...

So excited to hear you are counting down! Can't wait to see pictures of the boys.

Is there anything that you need that you haven't received or don't have?

Maybe you can make a list and those who feel led can send it to you or maybe your church in your name.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, I'm mentioned in your blog! You are too sweet. I was more than happy to send you the bottles. I can't wait to see these little boys!

Your friend from Philadelphia. ;)

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I am excited with you TJ! Keeping you all in my prayers.
<><

j said...

WOW! SO close! I'm glad you and the boys are doing well. That makes me smile!

Mikki said...

Oh my goodness. I SO remember the elephant-esque ankles. What really surprised me after the birth of my boys, was that my swelling didn't go away right away. The major swelling did, so I didn't look quite like an elephant anymore, but I still retained some of that swelling for a few weeks after their birth.
I've already given a lot of the smaller size clothing away, from my little guys. But, if you're interested, I would be happy to send you some of their bigger size clothing as they grow out of it. I've been so fortunate to have received ALOT of hand-me-downs from a sweet lady at church who has twins in her family. If you're interested, email me at
firelein06(at)cox(dot)net.

Ronnica said...

I look forward to "meeting" your boys!