Saturday, October 10, 2009

The List

Julie mentioned in her comment yesterday that I should provide a list, so those who would like to help us with things for the boys can. What is funny is I don't know really know what I still need. I feel like a novice mom again. What should I have on hand for newborns? I'll give you a few lists, because that is how my brain works, when it works.

Things I'll need, but haven't purchased yet:
  • Infant Tylenol
  • Vaseline (small tub for after the circumcision)
Things I have, but will need more of:
  • Diapers
  • Wipes
  • Formula (although we are waiting before buying this, just in case the boys have special needs)
  • Meals for after the boys arrive
Things I'd like to have, but don't need:
  • Bamboo Belly Bandit size small
  • Lilypadz (these are similar to nursing pads but don't absorb milk, they keep you from leaking in the first place)
Maybe there is something I'm forgetting? I don't know. I did receive a nice envelope full of formula, diaper and baby stuff coupons from Danielle. And a friend that had her little girl yesterday, gave me the most adorable dinosaur hats and mittens for when they get bigger. Most of the things I will need are big and bulky, and probably cost more to ship than to purchase. So if you would like to buy me diapers, you can always buy a Target or Wal Mart gift card and specify diapers. I promise that the gift card will be matched up with coupons to get the best possible deal.

If you would like to help, you may email me at DTKMKihn at Yahoo for our address, or send to the church and specify the Kihn family or Brendon and Bryce Kihn:
Summit View Church of Christ
100 N 72nd Ave
Yakima WA 98908

Most of all, what we need, and what you are already freely giving is prayer. Prayers that these last few days go well. Prayers that the boys arrive safely. And prayers that we all adjust to life as a family of six smoothly. Thank you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that you posted a few things you need.

How about winter buntings? swaddle blankets? clothing? burpy towels?

I know you have a lot going on and the countdown has begun . . .

I am going to send you an email so I can ship direct to you, if that is o.k.

Hugs and Praying for God's Blessings and safety

Anonymous said...

There was a coupon in my stash for Tylenol and Motrin, no?

I say at this point, don't try and guess what you need. Let experience be your guide. If someone asks, say gift cards. Well, that's tacky, but if they ask it's ok.

I am so looking forward to the 15th!

Dianna said...

Wow, it looks like you're pretty much all set! I remember stressing out over baby stuff before Red Chief came and then realizing that actually there is very little that one needs to take care of a baby. After that I calmed down a bit.

I can't believe you're so close! I hope you're feeling all right.