Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Special Request

I have heard that some people worry that with the internet people no longer make deep connections.  I feel it is the opposite.  Because of the internet I have made connections with so many that I never would have known, had I not been blogging or on my pregnancy message board.

When we found out the boys had TTTS, all of you began to pray, you spread the word, and in the end I can only guess as to how many were praying.  I believe it was at least 1,000 through blogs, churches, and word of mouth.  I believe those prayers are what gave us the strength to deal with it all, and they definitely carried the boys through to a healthy birth at 36 weeks and 6 days.

I tell you all of this so you will understand when I ask you to pray again.  Not for me, but for Kristin, a friend I met through BabyFit as we shared this last pregnancy together.  Her 2 and a half year old son Jackson was diagnosed Tuesday with a brain tumor.  I have been in tears pleading with God for healing for this little boy, and strength for his mom and dad, and for his baby brother who is to young to know what is happening, but I'm sure senses the tension.

Please join me in praying for them.

Update from Jackson's mom: "So, please continue to pray. Jackson has a brain tumor on his brain stem. They can not operate due to the deep location or even biopsy to see what type of tumor it is."

Kristin let us know that it can be one of two things, one is a tumor that responds to chemo.  They will start chemo and do it for 6 mos then move on to radiation.  This type will give him a great chance of survival and the possibility of no side-effects. They will do an MRI in 3 weeks to see if the cancer is responding to chemo.  If not, they will treat it immediately with radiation, but the outcome doesn't look good.  It will likely be a very painful regression. So let's pray hard for the tumor to respond to chemo!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am lifting Kristin, Jackson and her family in prayer.

Ann M. Boyd said...

I know how the internet can definitely build connections! And I am praying for Kristin, Jackson, and her family too.

Lady Farmer said...

I will be praying!

j said...

Speechless and crying... I will TJ.

j said...

I posted a prayer request, linking back to you, on Prayerfully Yours. Jackson and his family have been on my mind since I read your post.

TJ said...

Thank you so much Jen! I cannot get Kristin and Jackson out of my mind and the prayers are endlessly flowing for them.

Anonymous said...

Nice post- I agree with you. I have especially rekindled old connections through facebook w/ people I never would have been in touch with anymore.
That has got to be the scariest thing in the world, to have something like that happen to your child. I will keep them in my P&PT. I also pray that the parents can stay strong, as if it was me, I'd be falling apart. But, we do what we need to do for our kids.
Also, check out Nina's Nook on facebook for another child to pray for. Nina's dad is a Greek Orthodox priest. She has leukemia.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, the bonds are tight knit here in the blog world. I will pray for Jackson and his family. Prayer changes things.

Rose said...

We will be praying for this precious child. I know first hand that prayer works. We nearly lost our 13 year old grandson to a near fatal brain injury and today at almost 16 (in June) you would never know he was ever injured. Prayer does work, God still heals. Thank you for sharing this need!

Mc Allen said...

God. Is. So. Much. BIGGER. Than. This!!! He gives us a hope and a future. You need to claim this for your friend and her baby.owhen we fear or doubt we take Gods miriculous power out of it , saying that we can take care of it ourselves~ in our won strenght. Just Believe!! I will join you and be praying... Looking fwd to the good report!! xxoo LA