Thursday, February 7, 2008

Dreaming of Spring



We are having some wonderfully warm weather here in Central Washington. The expected high today is 46 degrees. Don't laugh, I'm seriously excited about the warmth. What's better is the beautiful sunshine that's blessing us. I always know that we are getting closer to spring when, my drive to work isn't just dim light anymore. Even better, when I walk out the door at 5 p.m. to head home, it is still light out! It's dark by the time I drive out to Grammy's get kid(s) and get home, but that light at 5 is such a gift.


Then there are the photos I received from my grandma in Mexico, Granny. Now if these don't get you thinking spring, what will? I would love to have a garden like hers. I'm hoping this year to do even better than last, but I don't have the experience, patience, and weather she has. But, I'm learning. Granny definitely inspires me to be a better gardener, among other things.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Oh, I want to do a garden too! I have a brown thumb, but I hope that patience and practice will at least help something to grow.

Art said...

Me too! I can't wait for the pretty weather...

j said...

Hey TJ. I am going to plant caladium this year and some more elephant ear bulbs. I'm ready too! Jennifer

Kelli said...

Beautiful pictures, so green and fresh! I can't wait for spring!
Kelli