Friday, May 9, 2008

Mother's Day Menu

Photo by my Dad

Thank you so much for all of your help! I really liked the suggestions, and funny how some of the same things were suggested. My mom had called to mention that should could make a roast. My friend at work agreed that roast would be good (she also had some other great ideas, but we've been entertaining so much that I've had barbeque and tacos a lot lately). That's when Jennifer mentioned the roast. I really liked Kelli's idea of pasta too, and then Mrs. Mordecai linked to a yummy looking recipe that included pasta. Ann's suggestion of sandwiches sounded perfect for an after church meal.

So I'm pretty much planning on all of the above. Just need to let people know. We'll have roast with potatoes and carrots, brought by my mom. The sausage and veggie pasta made by me. I'll have my brother and sister-in-law bring some kind of a roll that can be used for sandwiches as desired and a salad (green or fruit). I'll also make some dessert. This Coca-Cola Salad maybe?

The trick will be not to stuff ourselves too much, because we have a birthday party/Mother's Day barbeque to attend that day. I do have to bring food to that too! Guess you know what I'll be doing tomorrow (besides scrubbing down the house)!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back to Show & Tell Friday at Kelli's next week.

6 comments:

Dianna said...

Hmm, I hadn't thought to plan anything special here because, well, I am the mom. But I guess it is Mother's Day and we'll be celebrating my birthday as well. I suppose I should do something. Thanks for the inspiration!

Patty said...

sounds like a splendid meal !

Kelli said...

Sounds like a wonderful meal, TJ! Happy Mother's Day to you!
Hugs,
Kelli

Julieann said...

Happy Mother's day, TJ!!! :o)

Julieann

j said...

That sounds so good. I had WhattaBurger! Not very festive, huh?

Just wanted to come by and tell you Happy Mother's Day TJ!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! Did you give the salad a whirl?