Sunday, December 17, 2006

And the loser of the mom of the year award is...


Me! It has been quite the day and it's only 1:20 pm. Mo is now sporting not one, but two new bruises , wait a second make that 3. On his face no less. The first bruise happened this morning while we were watching the 2nd consecutive episode of Chanakkuh on Planet Matzah Ball. At least I think that was the name. We were also in a rush to get to church, as I was waiting for Arthur to end to signal that it was 7:30 and time to get Kaia up. Except Arthur seemed to be going very long, and when I looked at the clock on the thermostat it was 7:51 so I had to rush to get Kaia up. Apparently the holiday episode is extra long. So as Mo was trying to climb up to the coffee table, I was removing the blanket I'd sat him on during breakfast. He wasn't all the way off it, so I ended up pulling his knees out from under him and sending his little head right into the coffee table leg. The result is a lovely bruise above his left eye that includes a nice line where he hit the edge.

After church we arrived home to find Dana riding his quad, and of course Kaia had to join him. So I took Mo inside with me. It's just me and him but I managed to allow him to fall down the stairs. The worst part is when I set him down I thought, I hope he doesn't fall down the stairs. But he appeared to be crawling toward his toys, so I walked off to hear a thud, and as I came running another thud (he'd caught himself for just a second in the middle of the stairs) Luckily our stairs are split so it wasn't a long fall. It did however result in a nice big swollen bruise under his left eye. A bruise on his forehead above the right eye has appeared, and a rug burn on his nose, and blister on his lip.

And while typing this he fell off the couch. Kaia refuses to tell me how he got up there in the first place. Oh well another year without honors, I suspect that there are many more to come.

No comments: