Monday, December 18, 2006

Caution: Flash Flood may occur after 5 bottles

I believe we are in the midst of a growth spurt. Not mine, although my waistline has increased, but Mo's. Bottle-feeding has really shown me how much a baby can eat when a growth spurt comes on!

Morgan is a pretty easy guy most of the time. He takes a bottle before bed and another one between 3 and 4:30 a.m. That has not been the case since Friday. I already related that we ran out of formula due to his extra feed. Saturday he took 2 bottles before bed and then woke earlier than normal 2:30-3 ish for his a.m. bottle. Last night he drank 3 bottles before bed. Approx 20 oz of formula! Then woke up at 3:30 for another bottle. So at 4:45 when he didn't want to sleep, I picked him up and was bouncing him a little to calm him. That's when the diaper gave way and pee began to pour out on my jammies and feet. I quickly changed him in the dark, and managed to do so without waking Kaia (see miracles do still occur). Unfortunately I didn't get anymore sleep. He still wasn't contented and I finally gave up and laid down on the couch while he played with his annoying light up music toy. I still can't believe Dana and I bought that thing. Except I realize that it is only annoying when I'm awake after a scant 5 hours sleep.

Today found me at Target, buying more formula and size 4 diapers which hopefully can hold a bit more pee. If they don't, it won't be the end of the world. Kaia's pull-ups have disappeared, and she is only allowed panties, so laundry will be run often at our house. Starting with all of the blankets from Kaia's bed, which were damp this morning.

No comments: