Saturday, December 16, 2006

Another sleepless night

Last night was another Friday night with little sleep. Mo went to bed easily around 8 p.m. I got Kaia to bed close to 8:30, and was enjoying watching tv and talking with Dana when Mo woke up. So I got him and was attempting to get him back to sleep with more luck at putting myself to sleep than him. He finally went back down around 11 something. I was awake then, and when I got into bed to go to sleep at 12:30, he was awake again. So at 12:45 I had to give him his bottle. This wouldn't be a big deal normally, but I forgot to go to Target and get formula yesterday, and this was the last of the formula.

I hoped that he wouldn't need his early morning feed since he ate a second night time bottle. Wrong! He woke me at 5:15 wanting to eat. So I attempted to give him a bottle of mostly water with about half a scoop of formula. He wasn't having it. I couldn't think of a store open that would have formula. Then I woke up enough to remember the bag of breastmilk in the freezer. I was saving it for a time when i ran out of formula. So he was content to drink it, and we were awake for the day.

I've come to realize that I'm not as young as I once was. I distinctly remember barely sleeping quite often in highschool and college. And during my internship when I had to work the 3 am shift at the bakery and then work until 5 pm at Camp Fire. All those times I was still a normal human being. Today though, I'm so exhausted I can barely function, but I can't nap either (trust me I tried).

Ahh and now my post is interuppted by Mo, who is awake from his 2nd nap of the day.

No comments: