Monday, January 15, 2007

MLK Jr day 2007

Today had it's ups & downs. Big down: Mo, Kaia, and I all have colds. Big up: Mo slept last night! Quite a bit of the time was in Kaia's bed, and she was in ours, but he did sleep. Down: I never did convince the kids to nap at the same time. Up: Mo has taken 3 needed naps. Up: Kaia never took a nap so she should go to sleep on time!

Yes, life here does revolve around the sleep schedule of the kids. If they don't sleep, then I don't sleep. If they do sleep, I might get a night full of sleep. We did get some dishes and laundry done today, and I finally was able to make a big pot of split pea soup. I'm putting two dishes in the freezer for lunches later, and one dish will be my lunch tomorrow.

Nothing exciting to report today. I didn't get to watch MASH, and I'm only one page farther in my book. I did get to color Kaia's castle, and help Dana with some filing when we took him lunch. The fishtank now has a light and a new filter, and in a week or two will have an algae eater. The guy at the petstore said a specific kind would do well in our tank, but unfortunately he didn't have any small ones in stock. Kaia then threw a fit because a) we didn't by fish b) we didn't get a hamster and c) we didn't get a kitty or puppy. Now I'd like to point out that both b and c weren't even choices (no kitties, puppies or hamsters to be found at this shop), but that didn't stop a fit.

Now it is time to make dinner, and hopefully get these munchkins to bed, so Dana and I can actually see each other for an evening.

No comments: