Monday, January 29, 2007

Exercise of Futility

Most weekends at our house involve Dana and I attempting to accomplish something and by Monday morning it's still not done. I typically attempt to clean the house. The kids attempt (and succeed I should say) at uncleaning the house. So by Monday I still have dishes to do, a dirty floor, and laundry that needs washed.

In that respect, this weekend was no different. I did however accomplish something huge! I put 7 meals into the freezer in preparation for my surgery. We now have 2 meatloaves, 1 mexican style shephard's pie, 1 bag of beef stew, 2 dinners of southwest chicken (one with green peppers, onions, and rice; the other with potatoes), and an italian chicken and vegetables. I still have a few more dishes to make and freeze. Now I doubt I'll need all of these for surgery, and know I can use them most nights of the week when I'm scrambling to feed all of us before bedtime.

We also turned in all of our recycling, minus newspaper, picked up some items I lent a friend, and Mo and I went grocery shopping. Overall a good weekend, even if there is a huge pile of dishes to do tonight.

No comments: