Monday, January 8, 2007

What do I like?

My grandma posed a very interesting question to me today. "Please tell me or show me one thing you like. Something for you." That got me thinking... what do I like? Sometimes my life revolves around the kids so much, that I forget all about me. So I started to think about the things that I like and enjoy.


I like to:
read books (novels, non-fiction, self-help)
read my 1950's Western Family magazines
play in my garden
ride my quad (Dana got me hooked)
read cookbooks (no storyline, but exciting to me)
chat with my friends online
knit (new hobby inspired by Ann, and I love it!)
listen to music
go hiking
go camping
watch classic movies
watch MASH (thanks mom and dad)
Now the example she gave was hats. Grandma loves hats and collects them. I used to collect cats, but started feeling like there were too many, and they aren't useful. I guess now I love to collect cookbooks and Western Family magazines. I get great recipes from them, and can spend hours looking at them. I'm also very protective of them, but have let Kaia look at the cookbooks with me. She loves Emeril Lagasse, and the Betty Crocker index card recipes.

If there is anyone in my family I'm most like, it is my grandma. The other day talking to mom she said, "your grandma would be proud." I can't remember exactly what I did, but she would have. We seem to think alike. We are both tightwads, and wear that name proudly. Grandma is also inspiring to me and my friends. They love to hear how she just up and moved to Mexico. They love hearing how she lives and how she lost so much weight. I keep her picture up for all us new mommies trying to lose the baby weight. So although there are thousands of miles between us, Grandma is always near in my thoughts.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat post, Tysa! It makes me wonder what kind of a list I would make these days. I don't get to talk to my Nana much, but I admire her energy. Looking forward to being back home this weekend!