Wednesday, February 11, 2009

An Interesting Trip to Walgreens

I took a trip to Walgreens today to pick up some of the free after rebate items and Kaia's High School Musical Valentine's Day cards. As usual, several of the free after rebate items were impossible to find. I wandered around the store looking where they should be, and where I've found them before.

While looking for the Zucol Cold Care Lozenges, I walked through a zoo of senior women picking up their prescriptions. I didn't seem the lozenges near the cold medicines or the throat lozenges, but it could have been because there were so many women in line at the pharmacy, and they kept stepping toward the cold aisle. So I walked over by the Therma Care items, to get my free trial size, and not finding any of them there, thought I'd turn down the supplement aisle, just in case the Zucol was there.

Before I turned down, one of the women that had a moment before been in the pharmacy line, walked down the aisle, went a quarter of the way down, and then turned around and walked back to the pharmacy area. I thought this was odd, and began to turn down the aisle, when the most horrible smell hit me. Now I can't be 100% sure, but I think she walked over there just to fart, because the only other person in the aisle was the manager at the other end who had been working at that end for some time.

I decided nothing was worth smelling that, and quickly walked to a different section of the store. I never did find the Zucol, or the Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer, but did pretty good. I spent $26.21 total at Walgreens. My free after rebate items include:

  1. Fructis Wonder Waves Wave Enhancing Spray (yes I have straight hair, but these sprays usually help with the frizzies) $3.99 I had a $1 off coupon for that, so I will make money on that purchase.
  2. The Therma Care trial size neck wrap to help the next time my neck siezes up. $2.49
  3. Revlon Creme Lip Gloss $9.99

My great find was a clearanced box of Nice and Easy Perfect 10 haircolor, marked down to $5.69. When I submit that through the rebate, I will get a $5 gift card back. So 69 cents for a $10 box of haircolor.

And of course I purchased Kaia's High School Musical Valentine's Cards. Only $2.99 for 34 cards and 34 temporary tattoos.

So I spent $26.21, I'll receive $23.11 back once I submit online and have it credited to my Walgreens gift card. Bringing my total to $3.10.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny about the lady that farted in the aisle. And, good job on the freebies. I went for mine almost immediately in the morning on the 2nd- so there was no one rushing yet to get all of it. I didn't bother to get the lozenges- when I am sick, they don't do jack for me, so why bother. I have enough Wal-zyr to last a lifetime, too.

Art said...

I'm laughing at the fart lady. I guess she didn't want to fart where she had to stand in line.

Casii said...

Being frugal myself, I lurve the deals, but also think they hide the freebie stuff in odd spots to throw us off the trail.

No words for fart lady, but bwahahahaha!

j said...

Oh excuse me. I'll step outside next time :)

You ROCK at your frugalness! I am impressed.

Mo and Kaia are hanging out on my blog today :)