Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday Finally!

This week is a bit crazy, and in order to avoid takeout or late dinners every night this week, a menu plan was essential. Tuesday and Wednesday night I'll be home late, Thursday we have just a short time between me getting home and the kids and I heading to church. Saturday Kaia is at Dance Camp most of the day. Luckily last week I did my real grocery shopping and stocked up, so this week will mostly be using up what I bought, and what's already in the freezer and cupboards.

Monday:
Ham-Potato Bake
potatoes, carrots (I'm going to substitute broccoli), cubed ham, cream of mushroom soup, shredded cheese, milk, onion, pepper, bread curmbs, butter. Layer potatoes and broccoli on bottom of casserole. Mix the ham, soup, some of the cheese, milk, minced onion and pepper together. Pour half of it over the veggies. Put the rest of the veggies on top, pour the rest of the soup mix over. Top with the rest of the cheese, and the buttered bread crumbs and bake.

Tuesday:
Pinto beans in the crockpot. Chopped onion, shredded cheese, and an iceberg lettuce salad. I'll make the salad and prep the onions and cheese tonight, so Dana and Kaia can eat while I'm at my Board Meeting.

Wednesday:
Ribs in the crockpot. Frosted cauliflower. (cauliflower partially cooked. Then mix mayo and dijon mustard together, spread over the cauliflower. Top with shredded cheddar and finish cooking)

Thursday:
Stuffed Green Peppers. (hamburger and rice with cream of mushroom soup, inside the peppers and topped with cheese)

Friday:
Tamale Pie

Saturday:
Orange Pork Chops with asparagus and grilled bread.

Sunday:
Chicken of some sort.

I only have about 3 things that I will need from the store for all of this. Mayo, chili powder and an extra can of cream of mushroom soup. I'll probably pick up some extra veggies to for sides.

For more Menu Plan Monday menus, visit orgjunkie.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm... Ribs in the crockpot? That's something I'll have to try. I'm making stuffed peppers sometimes soon, too...

Art said...

We should do more meal planning. Our entire week is usually more like your Sunday!