Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Weekend

We are trying to enjoy ourselves this weekend, even if it's not the same being at home instead of camping in the hills.

The weather is beautiful, and we've enjoyed time outside. Yesterday we washed the Jeep and my car. Morgan and Kaia played in the dogs' pool in the morning, and played with the hose in the afternoon. They also helped wash my car before we traveled to the library. We ate hot dogs, corn on the cob, watermelon, and tomatoes for dinner.

Today Dana went with my dad for a motorcycle ride, and the kids and I went to church. Now we're relaxing, and laundry will be hanging out to dry as soon as I'm done posting. Tonight we'll eat burgers from the grill, fresh radishes (a gift from Kevin and Jenny's garden), potato salad, and s'mores. I also hope to get a rhubarb pie made. If not today, then tomorrow and we can enjoy it with our steaks tomorrow night.

Earlier today, I got smacked in the face with the idea I was old. In 1997 I was a nanny for a friend at church. The girl was a pre-teen, the boy was a few years younger. I had a great summer driving them back and forth to youth group activities. Today, the girl that I shared a room with, is getting married! The realization of how much time has passed, combined with the energy toll of gestating twins made me realize I'm old! Regardless, I wish her and her new husband the best, on this gorgeous weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I taught 5th and 6th grade Sunday school when I was 19, and some of the girls in my group are married with two or three kids now, lol.

j said...

My 'smacked in the face moment' came when little girls that I had been the student dance teacher for were on the dance line in high school and I had graduated. I felt really old.

Glad y'all had a happy Memorial Day!

Art said...

Glad y'all had a great weekend. Definitely better than mine I'd say!

I hope things are going well for you guys. Thanks for asking about the garden on FB. It's going well though I have neglected it for the past week due to my medical problems...

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love this picture of the little guy with the hose. Kids are the best and sounds like a great day in the sun.