Friday, May 15, 2009

Show & Tell: Twin Belly Week 15

I promised them, and here they are...


Here is my belly in the shirt I wore for my last belly shot post. I don't think it will fit when it's time for my next shot. The babies are growing fast! They should be having a big growth spurt in the next few weeks.

And there is the bare belly. Just in case you thought I was using a pillow. Several people commented on my shirt when I last posted. I got that shirt at the Aeropostale Outlet Store in Lincoln City, Oregon. It was right around $5 and I love it. Too bad it won't fit all summer, but it should look great next summer, even if I'm still losing the baby fat.
And on the note of clothes not fitting, if anyone is a clothing designer, or dreams of becoming one. There is money to be made in designing maternity clothes for mother's of multiples. Really, think about it. Even in my last few weeks with Mo, nothing fit over my belly that also fit elsewhere. Essentially, if the shirt covered my belly, you were probably viewing my breasts, or it was falling off my shoulders.
I have yet to find someone that makes maternity clothes and realizes that a small, petite woman will stay small and petite while pregnant, but her belly will grow and grow. Right now, I'm outgrowing my small maternity clothes. I have on a medium maternity shirt right now, and it's too big in the shoulders and breasts, and almost too small in the belly. My coworker suggested I find babydoll cut shirts and roomy tunics. I will be keeping my eyes open.
For more Show & Tell, visit Kelli's House. She is showing her lovely Mother's Day gifts today.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Cute top.
Susan

Dianna said...

I'm with you on the maternity clothes! For the past month, not even my so-called maternity shirts, even in larger sizes, have kept me covered securely. I'm always checking. The only place I've had luck is thrift stores, because maternity fashions of the last few decades seem to have been roomier. They're not exactly in style anymore, though. :)

Casii said...

You look adorable! I agree, the babydoll cut shirts could take you along quite a while.

My cousin who had triplets declared that they didn't make undies for moms of multiples. They're almost 10 now and she's long been back in real undies. This too shall pass. :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohh, maternity wear is so much better than 20years ago, you look great!

j said...

You look wonderful! But wow TJ, you are going to be um... FULL pretty soon. I am happy for you!

Lisa Cobler said...

Congratulations on the babies! Love the top!

Anonymous said...

Dude, omg, you already have "the line".

Murrie said...

Beautiful, I love the pregnant belly.

Kelli said...

That is a cute top, but you are right...it won't fit for long! I always love seeing your belly shots!
~Kelli

Carla said...

WOW! Well, from this view looks like they are doing GREAT!!!