Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Eve Party Planning


It's our turn to host again.  Actually, we volunteered to host since it's easier to not drag the "twinkies" around town.  I LOVE to plan parties and have get togethers, something I wish I did more often.  I think my lack of housekeeping skills is the main reason we don't do more.

This year I'm all about keeping it simple. The menu is dungeness crab, cold cuts, cheeses, meatballs, and possibly ceviche.  There will be plenty of sweets.  Including Christmas Cookies and orange cake.  I'm also planning to put my adorable cups to use with this spiced cider and cranberry juice recipe.  Those cups were free the day after the church yard sale.  There was a box of 20 something, and I thought they would be perfect for my retro kitchen someday.

What big plans do you have?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to my beautiful daughter's house so I can spoil ALL of my grandchildren. Oh wait....that's YOUR house.
Thanks for having all 15 of us over. Can't wait to try the punch.
Hope you don't mind if I bring a little something to give my punch an extra punch. I'm sure it being in the free cups will make it that much more delicious.

Love..
Mom

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I plan on going to church on Christmas Eve. Our children, son and his best girl, daughter, son-in-law and grandpuppy will all be over on Christmas Day. We will have Prime Rib and lots of other goodies. Have a beautiful Christmas.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Candlelight Service and then visiting some friends.
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
<><

Dianna said...

I'm impressed you're hosting parties so soon after having the twins. Get-togethers really stress me out. Good for you!