Thursday, December 10, 2009

More of Mo

Not only has Santa died in a train wreck, and then miraculously survived, but Mo has really picked up a sense of storytelling, humor, and mimicry.  Kaia has always been the actress, the drama queen, the starlet.  Mo has just been the easy-going, laid back kid, until now. 

Kaia has a newfound sense of modesty and will screech at Mo "Don't look at me!" whenever he sees her changing.  Mo then tries to look more just to annoy her.  I never expected him to pay her back though.  I was halfway through a pull up change on him, when he took off naked from the waist down in to Kaia's room.  He waited until she looked up and shrieked "Don't look at me!" and came running back to me giggling.  I couldn't help but join him.  I found it hilarious that he came up with it all on his own.

I purchased the "Smooth Away" hair removal at a discount store.  Mo saw the box as I unloaded the groceries, and excitedly said, "You bought Smooth Away?!"  I was shocked he knew what it was (he wasn't reading it).  Then the other day in the car he told me "You have Smooth Away, you don't need to shave.  Daddy, he still has to shave."

I was leaving for Fred Meyer and Mo asked if I was going to "Red Meyer."  I told him it was called "Fred Meyer" and he said, "No, it's Red Meyer.  What's on your list today?"  For those of you that don't live in the Northwest, "What's on your list today?" is the slogan for Fred Meyer a store similar to Target or Walmart where you can buy groceries, clothing, home and garden... except they are a bit higher end.  And they match Walmart's $4 generic rx's!

We have a bib that says "Future NASCAR driver" that used to be Mo's.  When I put it on one of the boys, Mo looked and said, "NASCAR on Speed," just as I'm sure the spokesperson on the advertisement does.

We never know what Mo will say next, but one thing is certain: We had better watch what we say!

2 comments:

Dianna said...

That's so cute! We hardly watch any TV, but I caught Red Chief quoting ads from watching Harold and the Purple Crayon on Hulu. Next time we hat Yoplait yogurt, he informed me that it was "a delicious frozen treat."

I always find it funny what kids choose to pick up on.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That is adorable!