Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 In Review

Wow, 2009 is coming to an end.  If ever a year in my life has had a theme, 2009 is it.  I did a Facebook Status compilation, and Danielle pointed out her favorite, "Because God has a sense of humor."  That, my friends, sums up 2009 for the Kihn household.  If on December 30, 2008 you had told me that Dana would need several eye surgeries and change jobs, I'd have believed it.  Had you then gone on to say that we would also find out that I was pregnant and having twins no less, and that I would have surgery to save their lives, well I would have thought you were insane, and yet here we are.

One moment in 2009 really stands out for me. I haven't blogged about it, and really didn't know anyone else had seen it, until my mom mentioned it to me.  On Sunday, June 14th, the day before the surgery for TTTS, we sang the hymn It Is Well With My Soul.  On that day, I sang that song, and I meant every last word.  I knew that no matter what the outcome of the surgery, God was handling it, and I had peace in that.  And that has been the biggest lesson for me in 2009.  God is in control.  While we don't understand it, our whole family is thankful for the blessings of this past year, and I'm praying for easier times in 2010.

Now, let's take a look back at some phrases and photos from 2009.  The photos do not necessarily correspond with the phrases.

January: This just secures my non-placement in the Mom of the Year Award.


February: He has an excellent pedigree, excellent colors, and great temperament. What she didn't count on... he's gay.


March: So if my tubal ligation could interfere with God's plan, how did I see this on March 1st?



April: I just got back from my doctor's appointment. Kaia came with me, and she was thrilled when I pointed out the baby, and then the doctor pointed out the other.




May: It wasn't long before she was able to turn everything into a life or death situation. For instance, sitting on metal turtles.


June: I'm feeling good that the boys will come through the surgery, and I'm praying that they continue to thrive after their blood vessels are separated. I have peace that we are doing what is best for both boys, and the rest is up to God.


July: No, I don't mean sexy. Unless you consider hippos sexy, then maybe...


August: Then she began to rub her belly and say that I should avoid vitamins and that powdered milk from China. Because you know China, it's really sperm. And that sperm if you put it outside in the sunlight it will just shoot in all directions.



September: I agreed, and I told him, "Next time you are 32 weeks pregnant with twins, I promise you can be as cranky as you want to be." He laughed saying he never wanted to be pregnant with twins, and quickly corrected that to never wanting to be pregnant at all.



October: They are so cute that they had to be part of a matched set.



November: SOS isn't dinner. SOS is letters, you can't eat letters.



December: And as of last night, they showed me one of their super twin powers: synchronized farting.



Wow, was my belly really that big?  Amazing how fast we forget.  Thanks for revisiting 2009 with me.  I wish you all a very Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I'm going to try a post like this. God bless and have a happy and prosperous 2010

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

What a great post. Hoping all the best for you and that precious family of yours TJ. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
<><

j said...

I enjoyed this so much! Your 2009 was definitely eventful!!

Happy New Year TJ!!

Kristina said...

You have had a really amazing year. God is so good! Have a blessed 2010!

Anonymous said...

You did have a pretty exciting 2009! And God is on control, even when we forget that little fact... thank goodness!

Have a blessed 2010!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy New Year dear friend.

Colleen said...

I stumbled upon your blog via organizing junkie and the menu planning and started to do a little further reading--can I just say WOW, LOL. I've had a tubal and every month (IYKWIM) I tell my husband--GOOD NEWS! We're not pregnant! And, a very dear cyber-friend of mine carried twin boys with TTTS, sadly following surgery with Dr. Quintaro (I know I spelled that wrong) her little donor twin passed in the womb. I'm SO happy that you had a blessed ending--hug those little boys extra tight tonight for my friend Tara...