Monday, January 26, 2009

Our tenants

If you would like to take on something difficult, may I suggest trying to capture a photo of one of the mice that live under your deck? I have tried for months without luck. They see the camera and run.

Even more fun is trying to focus on the little buggers. There are nose prints from the cats on the inside of the glass, and water spots on the outside from the rain and snow. Our bedroom window and the laundry window both provide excellent viewing, as they are just inches above the ground. It's like a kitty picture show, and us humans enjoy watching too.

My persistence and patience finally paid off on Saturday. The photos are a bit fuzzy, as they are taken through the window.This little one spent a good hour or so coming around the window Saturday morning. I think it's adorable, but I love small furry creatures. We have learned to coexist. They stay outside, we stay inside. The dogs would love to get to them, but they know where to hide. The cats are hampered by the window, but they love the show.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, they're so cuuuuuute!!!!

Dianna said...

Those are some cute little guys!

Valarie Lea said...

Well that is sure fire way to tease a cat!!

Carla said...

They are cute, and you got a great shot! I wish mine, that are inside, and the 'bugs' that are inside would eat each other and solve my problem:)

j said...

They really ARE cute when they aren't in the house. I am so glad that you got your picture.

I have been trying to capture a picture of the possum that comes up on our back porch. The cuteness factor is SIGNIFICANTLY less than your mouse.

My word verification was "Mulgie" - I think that would be an awesome name for a mouse.