Thursday, April 10, 2008

Back In Yak


Yes, I did make it home safely, thanks for all the prayers! Last night was nothing short of... frustrating?... enraging? Well all of the above. And we weren't even flying American! Our flight out of Las Vegas had a number of issues that caused us to arrive in SeaTac 40 minutes late. By the time we disembarked the train and caught the underground tram to the concourse we needed... yep missed our connection! So that was the 6:20 p.m. flight. Next flight to Yakima? 11:20, except that it was already pushed back to 11:55, and then 12:14 a.m. Lovely! So we used our $8 meal vouchers (tell me where you can buy an airport dinner for $8?) and waited, and waited, and waited.


The good thing about flying into a very small city, is that we knew almost everyone waiting on the same plane. Yep, another Board Member was there, some of our leadership givers, and a gal that volunteered when I worked at Camp Fire USA. We did finally arrive home. The guys dropped me off (Dana and the kids were supposed to have picked me up, but not that late) and it was 1:20 a.m.


I got about 3 hours of sleep all night, since Mo was having a bad night and I didn't have the heart to let him cry it out. Today it's vertigo, and the medicine is not helping. So much for all the work on my desk. I will be one busy girl tomorrow! I'll post more on the trip later, the window guy is ready to start installing our new back door!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm sorry to hear about your travel troubles, waiting in an airport is awful! I hope that Mo feels better soon. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Hugs,
Kelli

Art said...

Glad you're home. Sorry about the troubles!

j said...

Bless your heart! I am so sorry the last leg of your trip was so bad. I'm just glad that you made it home safe and sound. Praise God!! I am looking forward to any details you share from your trip. I know it will be exciting and I will just have to live vicarioulsy through you! I wont be going anywhere anytime soon, that's for sure.

Jennifer