Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sincerely 'Fro Me to You

It's Sincerely 'Fro Me to You over at We are THAT family. Click on the above link to play along.


When I was in high school, I modeled for one of the local malls. It wasn't the "cool" mall to model for, and we didn't get paid, but it was fun, and gave me experience. During that time I also took some modeling classes, pageant classes and competed in pageants.


I learned great interviewing skills, and had A LOT of photos taken. Some looked good, and they went into my portfolio, others, I have and just haven't burned yet. When I see gorgeous photos in a magazine, I know that there were probably 50 more that were tossed for looking terrible. So here are a few photos that did not go in my portfolio.


Yep, looking good there!
I swear I'm not stoned in this photo!


Next I have a few that did make it into my portfolio, and can I say, YUCK!



Remember the show Blossom? Apparently I was taking fashion notes!

Is that a carpet I'm wearing? Or maybe old curtains? More importantly, why can't I have that big of boobs now? This look is definitely one that I hope never comes back! Thanks for visiting, I can't wait to see all of your entries.

12 comments:

Bethany said...

These pictures were funny. You are brave! I may have to dig out old photos of myself...but they are so horrifying!

Oh well. Thank goodness, styles keep changing!

Kristen said...

Oh, those are awesome! I just found some 'model' shots that are quite scary! Yours make mine look bad though. I'm thinking twice about posting them now:D

Thanks for playing along and good luck on the Atari giveaway!

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

Brave one you are!

Not to shabby more chic!

Patty said...

I think they are just great photos

Valarie Lea said...

I used to model at one of our malls also!

I can remember one time we had to be mannequins. Now that was funny. They for got about us on the other side of the store, so we just started making up our own poses. :)

Ok, Where Was I? said...

Oh yeah, Blossom. There's a flashback--the hat and straight hair. Funny pics.

World's Greatest Mommy said...

Whoah, Blossom! That takes me back.

Love your poses!

Anonymous said...

What a hat! You were looking very fashionable for the time, but let's hope those don't come back in anytime soon...LOL!

j said...

TJ Honey, you are Drop Dead GORGEOUS! But shoot, you still are with your flippy - doo hair (I am amazed that Dana didn't like it). OK, I have to admit though, the Blossom thing made me giggle. But you were Gorgeous under the influence of Blossom!

Be blessed.

Jennifer

Tami said...

Are those penny loafers?? I soooo rocked the penny loafers!

Anonymous said...

You're pictures aren't hideous. They are supposed to be hideous like mine!
You actually have transcended time sweetie.

dianna said...

Tee heee! If you find your boobs let me know where they are...been looking for mine since birth of daughter #2 *!*