Thursday, June 5, 2008

Show & Tell: Childhood Keepsake

It's Show & Tell over at Kelli's! This week she suggested we show you a childhood keepsake. So here are my keepsakes. If you'd like to join in, click on the graphic above.



These keepsakes are very special to me. As a result they are put up in a closet, except for the hourglass toy, because I don't want them ruined.


This lamb was made for me by my Great Grandma. I'm not sure exactly when I received it, but I have photos of me, pre-brother, with it. I've kept the lamb in many different places, but not with the kids, it's up in a closet so there are no stains and no losing it.





I'm not really sure if the bear was made for me, or my brother. It was also made by my Great Grandma, and I remember playing with it all the time at my Grandma Sarah's house.

This Fisher Price Hourglass toy is another that I remember playing with at my Grandma's house. It was many things to us as we used our imagination.

I remember that house and my room (it was my mom and aunts room) there so well. I have the bedcover that was on the bed. We own the picture that hung above the bed. I have a crib (in storage) that looks similar to one that sat in the corner before my brother's and my crib went there. Something about childhood is so fresh. I miss that house, and that room. I'll always have these toys and so many of my Grandma Sarah's things to remind me of childhood.

23 comments:

Martha said...

How sweet that you have these keepsakes from you childhood. I love your picture when you where younger with the lamb - such neat memories for you I am sure.

Blessings,
~Martie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely keepsakes from childhood you have! The lamb is the best! :)

Ruuta

Tammy said...

Hi...visiting for the first time I think from Show and Tell...

It is so nice to have these treasures from your childhood! And lamb is so precious...I love that you have a photo of you with it- and that it is made by your g-grandma makes it even more a treasure!

Blessings,
~Tammy

The Proverbs Wife said...

It's good to have items from childhood to accompany the great memories.

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwwwwww, this show n tell melts my heart!! Adorable girl in the photo...you're so cute!!!

A Hint of Home said...

Those memories are so sweet of grandma's house. We don't forget those things, even as we age.

Anonymous said...

Grandma's are wonderful aren't they. I love your post.

Timalee said...

I love the picture of you with your little lamb, too cute! I keep everything from my grandma's too!

LBP said...

I just love homemade keepsakes! Your little lamb, bear and hourglass are so cute!

Blessings

Linda

Constance said...

Memories from childhood are a safe haven that we can go back to and feel loved and cherished whenever life gets rough! I loved how you actually had a picture of you with your white lamby!
Connie

Anonymous said...

It's lambchop!

Wanita said...

Such sweet keepsakes. And such sweet memories they hold. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Susan said...

What precious, precious keepsakes of things made by the loving hands of your Great Grandma. No amount of money can by memories like you have and these items you treasure.
Susan

Love Bears All Things said...

These are so precious and will always bring back those wonderful memories. Thank you for showing them to us.
Mama Bear

Dianna said...

What a cute little lamb! I still have my childhood doll, even though she's missing a leg and both eyeballs.

Thanks for your gardening tips. You must have read my mind; peat moss is the other ingredient in our dirt blend!

Unknown said...

that is soooo sweet and a picture of the lamb with you as a wee little girl very sweet. Nice to meet you as well... I don't know many from the NW blogging. hope to see you again... have a happy weekend.. is it raining there like it is here??? Hugs, Mica

Charlotte said...

What precious momentos. It's so nice to have items like this from your childhood. They are so special.

Anonymous said...

That lamb is just so cute! So is the bear. I think it is so neat to have a picture from your childhood with the lamb in it. I remember that little Fisher Price toy being in our household, too.

Kelli said...

Good Morning! I enjoyed reading about your special memories are your keepsakes are so sweet! I love the picture of when you were little!
~Kelli

j said...

Oh NO! You know that sentimentality leads to clutter which leads to pack ratism which leads to DUST BUNNIES which leads to MADNESS ... BWUHAHAHAH!

OK, probably a totally inappropriate response.

I love things from my childhood like that too. I'd rather have my Grandmother but since she isn't here, I hold on to the stuff. I have some way cool crochedted items too. Not toys though (I should have held on to some of those).

Take Care TJ and have a Great Weekend!

Jennifer

j said...

Ahem - on the word that means to make something pretty from yarn? I know I misspelled it (no d) but I'm not completely sure how to spell it RIGHT, so, I'm just saying....

STOOPID! I need an inner spellcheck.

Jen

JEWELGIRL said...

Aaaah, is that supposed to be
Lambchop? They are so cute!

Unknown said...

What wonderful keepsakes from your childhood! They are so special!! Thanks for sharing them!!

Join me every weekend for "Weekend Decorating" at my blog: http://emsbingy.blogspot.com if you want. Hope to see you there!

Have a great night!