Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Skeeters


I'm still here my friends. You may not know that I have completely lost it, but the good news is I never really had it in the first place. No worries, I'll get back to some sense of being normal eventually, although I'm sure there is a padded room somewhere with my name all over it!

Our camping trip went well, and I discovered that Mo is just as tasty to the skeeters as I am. Kaia and Dana both left with a few bites each. I have the kind of itchy bites that makes me want to cut flesh off. Mo doesn't seem too fazed by his, but I have been giving him some benadryl in the evenings to keep the itching down.

So let me show you Skeeter Mo


The bites are all over his head poor kid. You don't see all the scrapes and bruises from the many times he attempted to kill himself. He fell off the tailgate of the pickup, was clotheslined by the dog, and fell from the picnic table just to name a few.

She's smiling because she isn't nearly as yummy or clutzy as Mo and I.

Finally the waterfall. It was really huge Memorial Day weekend. By the end of summer it will be a trickle. This was actually our first time stopping there. We just never noticed it until this May, and I read the sign about it being a trickle toward the end of summer, which pretty much explains why.

Have a wonderful day! I will be back later this week to talk about grilled pizzas and an upcoming 5th Birthday party.

5 comments:

Dianna said...

I'm glad you had a good trip!

Kelli said...

Your kiddos are adorable! Sorry to hear about the bites, my little nephew got bit up badly while he was visiting and had to have benadryl at night. I hope Mo feels better soon. I'm glad you had a fun time camping!
~Kelli

dianna said...

I hate those skeeters*!* (especially when they mess with my babies*!*)
Hate hate hate them...

Love your waterfall photo :)

Kristen said...

I HATE mosquitos! Truly. I think Satan created them.

DD said...

Thanks for stoppin by!

My husband thinks there's sugar in my blood b/c I will, within 5 minutes, have GIANT skeeter bites all over my legs and feet. SO weird!