Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Demands

Isn't it amazing how a child starts out like this:



His only demands are made with a cry, and he can be made happy again with a diaper change, a boob, or a cuddle.



Then he grows up into this handsome little guy:


He still cries, but a diaper change just won't do. He escapes the diaper change every chance he gets. Cuddles still help, but when he wants something, he now demands it. Not quietly either. And if he doesn't like what you say, or what you are doing, he puts on his gruff voice and says, "You in big twouble!" Take our conversation yesterday as a fine example of talking to a 2 year old.



Setting: In the car on the way to Grammy and Papa's.
Mo: I want Wiggles
Mom: Wiggles are on.
I turn the music up.
Mo: NO, I want Wiggles
Mom: This IS the Wiggles
Kaia: This is the Wiggles buddy
Mo: NO, WIGGLES
Mom: Morgan, the Wiggles are on.
Mo: No, Quack Quack
Mom: That's not on this cd Mo
Mo: Quack Quack
Mom: Ok, let me find the cd


I pop out the Wiggles cd that's in, find the other Wiggles cd and put it in the player. Quickly, I realize that I have no idea which track is Quack Quack Quack Cock a doodle doodle do. I am going to have to scan each track until I find it. Doesn't sound like a big deal, does it? Well there are almost 40 tracks on this cd.

I know it's not the first 3 tracks, so I quickly scan through those.

Mo: QUACK QUACK
Mom: I'm trying to find it Mo.
Continue hitting the next button through 20 more tracks.
Mo: NO Quack Quack
Mom: Almost there buddy, I'll find it
Finally, after 10 more tracks, I find it! Quack Quack Quack Cock a Doodle Doodle Do.
Mo: Yay!


He puts his hands up and begins the motions, Kaia does the same and sings along. I get to enjoy the rest of the drive to Grammy and Papa's in peace... well, if you consider peace listening to Greg, Anthony, Murray, Jeff and Captain Feathersword singing crazy songs.

4 comments:

Carla said...

I'm amazed (now that mine are all grown) at how serious things are for little ones. It really is the end of the world with each tragedy!

Anonymous said...

What a cute baby he was!!! He's still cute, but what a cute baby!!!

Dianna said...

Ha! I can so relate. Red Chief always says he wants something and then when I give it to him, he changes his mind.

j said...

Oh that is FUUUNNNNY!

QUACK QUACK!