Monday, September 15, 2008

I finally made it!

Remember a while back when I was so excited to find the Creative Cooking Cookbook at the library for $1? It had my favorite recipe growing up: Chicken with mandarin oranges and almonds. Last night, I finally made it!




It was so good. There is a lot more than just chicken and oranges in there. There are also Madeira soaked raisins, beef broth and heavy cream. We had that with baby red potatoes from the produce stand and salad. The only downfall to the recipe is the cost of some of the items. I have plenty leftovers of the items, but the Madeira, heavy cream, and almonds were pricey. It was fully worth it, though. I will definitely make it again.

5 comments:

dianna said...

Mmmmmm...
Any leftovers*?*

Art said...

MMM, it does look good!

Connie Marie said...

OH OH! That looks scrumptious! Where is the recipe posted? :-)

Anonymous said...

YUMMY . . . better watch out or you might find me at your door for dinner!

It looks scrumptious!

Oh to have a working kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! You've been up to some good stuff while I've been gone.