Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Healthy, Simple Eating Challenge Day 2

Yesterday's lunch was good. The spaghetti sauce on the barley and veggies made for a yummy Italian tasting lunch. I did however need more protein. A few hours later, I was waning. Luckily besides my peach there were fresh picked apples in our fridge at work and that tied me over til I got home.

Today I mixed my barley and veggie base with some homemade (and leftover) beef gravy. Not as fattening as you might first guess. I made it with cornstarch and the beef juice leftover from Thursday night's roast beef. I also brought a leftover baked potato and a few ounces cheese. This turned out to be too much, and I have some leftover for tomorrow's lunch.

If you'd like to join in the challenge (at anytime!) please add your link with Mr. Linky in the original Challenge post.

No comments: