Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ringing in September

Tonight we are having dinner with Grammy June and Papa Gordie. I had some housekeeping to do today, I needed to decide what was for dinner, and I had found the cutest chocolate brown plate on clearance at Target. (it looks lighter due to the flash)



I didn't want to just plan dinner, I wanted to head to the produce stand next door for inspiration, and I found it. Fresh bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. Dana had already suggested fresh salsa. Now, we do have tomatoes growing here, but not many are ripe right now, we go through cycles of a ton of ripe tomatoes and then a ton of almost ripe ones. We have plenty of jalapenos here, and I recently bought 7 dozen fresh corn tortillas at Fiesta Foods. Have you figured out what we are having? Did I mention we have leftover grilled steak from our barbeque last night? We are having fajitas, salad, fresh salsa with homemade chips, and something for dessert, I just haven't decided yet.

The produce stand is filled to the brim with gourds and pumpkins right now. I knew that I would find what I needed to fill that cute plate at Target there. I'm not crafty, but Kelli inspires me to be a bit more. So I dug around in the closet in the basement, and found plenty of fall items.



I created this plate, with 2 of the 4 gourds from the produce stand, and some flowers from an arrangement I received last year.





There were still plenty of flowers though, from a bouquet that Kaia had brought home from Grammy's and started to destroy.



So I added them to the old bouquet after chopping with Dana's cutters from the garage.




I even switched the magazines over to early fall mags, and the Garden Moment Getaways that I received from Kelli's giveaway.

There were still more things leftover, though. So why not one more decoration?

Have a wonderful September weekend! I'm off to make dessert.

3 comments:

j said...

Pretty! I love your bees wax candle.

Carla said...

Pretty pretty! You have style girl!

Kelli said...

Bees wax candles are so pretty and I love the basket with the raffia!
~Kelli