Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Poop!

That is my description for the way this morning is going! It also made for a funny. I was telling Kaia that we are going camping this weekend, and then one of the next trips will be just Dana and I. That's when the mouth started in about how kids go camping and parents can't go without them. Mo looked at us so seriously and said, "Kids... kids... Poop!" I laughed, Kaia laughed so hard she snorted, and I had to agree with him. Yes, kids do poop.

My day is poop because we are now in a last minute childcare search thanks to the latch key program at the school. I would love to tell them how waiting until school starts to decide which kids need childcare on what days and times does not work. And if you have a waitlist, maybe the consideration would be to add more staff, not leave parents hanging into the second week of school praying that an opening will come up in the shuffle. Because kind hearted, wonderful, retired neighbors have lives too and cannot always watch your child while you work.

Then somethings at work fell through. Fell through isn't quite right though. Cancelled. After a lot of hard work on my part and another persons. It's frustrating. So it is one stress that is gone, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm volunteering late tonight, starting work early tomorrow, and I need to pack the trailer for our trip this weekend. Also all of us have caught a bit of a cold thanks to the cool weather coming in. I'm looking forward to this weekend. I need some peace!

4 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Well... this just stinks! (poop)
Get well soon!
Did you get your peace? :-)

Carla said...

Out of the mouth of babes! Sometimes "POOP" says it all! I hope the rest of your week 'falls into place too'! (I agree, leaving you hanging is just stressful-and STUPID-IMHO:)

Art said...

Hope you get over all this poop soon:) And i hope the weekend is great!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Yes, balancing family and job when some people aren't very cooperative is POOP! I hope things get better the rest of the week.