Wednesday, March 26, 2008

"Loving Life"


Now, how can you not be inspired by a person who ends a note with "Love, Granny..loving life!"?


She had replied to my request to share a story she sent me today. I had a big smile on my face reading it, and I can completely imagine this scenario. I've told you about her before. She lives in Ajijic, Jalisco (Mexico). Her Birds of Paradise photo is my header. I have fond memories of everything being a new adventure with her when I was a child. Whether it was cooking peanut brittle, playing in her yard, or trying to make chicken dumpling soup without the usual ingredients.
So here's a recent day for her: "I went to get my sheets from the laundry about noon__ my gardener never showed up! I looked for a boy to help me carry & spotted one that looked to be about 10 years old. He said yes & come to find out he had a Moto.... A moto is a 4 wheeler. I got my 1st ride on one with my 2 bags of laundry. I squished down my hat & yelled hiho cowboy to some friends. Other people looked at me strangely. Now the tourists have something new to tell their grandkids when they return to the snowy north. Have a super day & enjoy life. I do. Me by any name.... "


I'm pretty sure Grandma won't mind when I tell you she's in her 70's. Reading this I'm reminded that I need to learn to let go and enjoy life!

5 comments:

Art said...

Fun story! She sounds like a great lady!

Anonymous said...

I'm new, I think I visited during the blog party!

Anyways I loved the story, she obviously has a zest for life. Reminds me of my grandmother who is now 90! We had great adventures when I was growing up :)

Kelli said...

What a lovely and fun Grandma you have, TJ!!
Hugs,
Kelli

j said...

TJ., she is a beautiful woman - such a sweet smile!

I hope that I am like her, loving life for as long as I breathe!

Jennifer

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Cute story! Way to go, grandma!!

Katherine