Friday, November 9, 2007

All Clear, for now

Mo received a clean bill of health at his Dr's appointment today (and a flu shot). I'm not sure how they could determine anything through his screaming! He's ruined on Dr's and Nurses for awhile. He cried just being put on the scale for his weigh in. He's 27.4 pounds, just 13 pounds shy of Kaia who weighs in at 40, or did before yesterday's flu.

I did learn that due to this recent infection, Mo is now more prone to respiratory infections for up to a year. So to head off another infection he will be receiving a steroid in his nebulizer every day during the cold and flu season. Looks like we won't be putting the nebulizer up until late spring, but I'll do just about anything to keep him healthy.

Kaia finally stopped throwing up about 10 last night. This was after coating the couch with half digested milk. Reading it may be gross for you, but trying to clean it as best as possible and sleeping on the smelly thing was way worse, trust me. I laid down a towel though, and spread the towel out on the floor and we curled up on the couch for the night. I knew if I went to bed, she would follow and the last thing we needed was for all of us to be up in the middle of the night cleaning up the bed. Plus I still need to take our big comforter to the laundromat, so it would have left us comforter-less. We were up several times in the night due to her being extremely thirsty. Each time I got her half a glass of water, she quickly drank it and we went back to sleep. This morning after Dana and I got up, she went down to sleep in the big bed for another hour. When we woke her, with the help of Mo, she looked like Kaia again. Peach skin and rosy cheeks replaced the pasty green that had been her face yesterday. She took a good bath and got her hair all cleaned up (long hair does have it's drawbacks, especially when you're sick). She was her excited bouncy self as we went to meet Papa at Grammy's Dr appointment and drop her off before Mo's appointment.

Sampson is also on the mend. He goes in Monday to have his staples removed, and he will finally be without the cone. The poor guy can't scratch his ears or lick himself, so he will be a very happy dog next week.

I'm also starting to feel better. I have eaten 2 real meals today and feel fine. I also got my flu shot at the appointment, so Kaia is the only one that isn't flu protected.

So things are back to normal, whatever that is.

No comments: