Friday, November 16, 2007

The fun never ends in downtown!

I left the office for 35 minutes. On my return I see Kaylene our finance coordinator standing outside with the headset on. She's asking if I saw some kids walking through the alley. I look toward the alley to see that our dumpster has been tagged. Then I see why she's on the phone, with who I quickly realize is the police. Our back door is also covered in grafitti. Leave it to the punks around here to tag a door in the middle of lunch hour on a busy street. Guaranteed that at least 5 cars passed while they were doing it. Very likely more. She happened to catch them in the act when she walked into the board room, but they took off running and all she could see was the sweatshirt and backpack of one of them. She tried looking out the window by the dumpster but the arbividae blocked her view.

So the police are looking for the punks, the gang task force will be over to take photos, and we get to try to clean up the mess.

Our psycho friend who we had to place a restraining order on is now safely locked up in the mental health facility at Eastern. It's sad that he came to this, but we are all glad that he will be getting some treatment. I hope he accepts it and will stay on his medications when he gets back out. There is a sweet old man underneath the mental illness.

We may live in a medium size town, but there are all the problems here of a large metropolitan area.

No comments: