Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tis the Season

For the stomach flu anyway, and Kaia has it. I have had an upset stomach all week, which has led to the majority of my food intake being from cans of chocolate target brand "nutritional drink." (generic ensure) I've been pretty much ok though, and apart from being in bed and fast asleep before nine p.m. 2 nights in a row I'm functioning on schedule. Kaia this morning was up early, ran on the treadmill (under close supervision) since she has to do what daddy does and was happily playing with Mo. I was getting makeup on when I heard Dana talking to Kaia and she came running into the bathroom and almost kept it all in the toilet.

I cleaned up the mess where she didn't make it and asked her if she had eaten anything. The answer was no. Realizing that she had an empty stomach when she became sick I told her she wouldn't be able to go to preschool. She cried and argued that she was not sick and she wanted to go. I made a deal. If she could eat breakfast and keep it down, then she could go. Didn't happen. She didn't even swallow a bite of breakfast before running to the bathroom. I finished getting ready, and she made another trip to the bathroom. I gave her a paper bag in the car to use on the way to grammy's, it didn't get used, and now her booster needs washed. So in just a few hours I will leave to get pedialyte and pick her and the Mo man up.

One thing is for certain, there will be no eating and drinking after one another the rest of the season. We can't afford for us all to be sick, and that includes grammy and papa. I can just see us 4 adults out from something the kids passed on to us. Plus Mo had enough sickness last week to last awhile!

No comments: