Saturday, November 10, 2007

I spoke too soon!

Here I thought things were getting better, at least our health anyway. About 8 a.m. Morgan began throwing up. At 18 mos old the flu is no fun. He doesn't understand and he refuses anything put in front of him to contain the mess. The blessing: he hasn't been sick since about 10:30-11 a.m. Maybe his was a short lived flu bug. He has eaten quesadillas and crackers just fine. He's drinking raspberry lemonade flavored pedialyte (I'm adding the flavoring to the unflavored stuff. Don't expect to find anything appetizing offered in the pedialyte section. This isn't Mexico where there is coconut flavored or banana flavored electrolytes.)

Of course Kaia who is newly well was protective of him this morning, but by afternoon all the charms of that had worn off. Instead she's being her typical older, overbearing self. Anything he's doing, she wants to do to. He wants to watch Singing Time, she takes out the DVD to put in Wizard of OZ. Both were borrowed from the library today. I keep reminding her that daddy and I made sure Mo didn't bug her while sick, but it's no use. She is number 1 in her book and refuses to give up that place.

So cleaning the couch and floor will have to wait. At least I was able to vacuum today, and I sprayed down the TV room tables with antibacterial spray.

No comments: